Sexual Harassment Attorney in Erie, PA
Helping You Through Sexual Harassment Claims
Our team at McNair Law Offices, PLLC handles a wide variety of employment law issues – one of the most serious being sexual harassment in the workplace. We understand the courage it takes for victims of sexual harassment to stand up to their employers, supervisors, and co-workers. We are committed to providing the kind of compassionate, understanding advocacy, and strong legal representation you need to make things right.
We can help you hold your superiors accountable for their actions.
What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
With the recent deluge of widely publicized court victories for sexual harassment victims, workers in the United States are feeling more empowered than ever to speak up about unwanted sexual advances, quid pro quo harassment, gender-based discrimination, and other forms of sexual harassment in the workplace.
While speaking up about offensive behavior is important, you must also remember that certain criteria must be met for an action to be considered sexual harassment and punishable by law. Passing comments, bothersome jokes, and minor or isolated events are typically not considered sexual harassment unless they persist and create a hostile work environment for those affected.
Here are a few examples of bona fide sexual harassment:
- Offensive remarks about an employee’s gender or sexual orientation.
- Lewd sexual comments about a person’s appearance.
- Quid pro quo harassment, in which a superior demands that subordinates accept sexually inappropriate behavior to get, keep, or continue enjoying benefits related to their job.
- Creation of a hostile work environment via unwelcome sexual advances, sexually explicit comments, lewd posters or screen savers, etc.
- Hiring and firing decisions based on gender, appearance, or willingness to tolerate sexual harassment.
Our firm is prepared to stand up for you and your rights in the workplace.