Timothy D. McNair
When people need a well-trained
personal injury lawyer in Erie, they come to Timothy D. McNair, Attorney & Counselor At Law. Attorney
McNair is a Claimants Workers' Compensation Attorney serving Erie,
PA. He received his B.A. from Allegheny College and his J.D. from the
University of Pittsburgh School of Law. He has served on the Board of
Governors of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association since 1996.
Timothy D. McNair is an attorney you want on your side when in a court of law.
A native of Richfield, OH, Attorney McNair and his wife Karin have four
children. His hobbies and favorite activities include sailing, boating,
fishing, hunting, and volleyball.
If you would like more information about Attorney McNair or to schedule
a consultation with our personal injury lawyer in Erie, feel free to
contact us so we can get back to you.
Practice of Law
Law Offices of Timothy D. McNair, Erie, PA, 1996 – PRESENT
Our attorney specializes in representation of individuals in civil, workers'
compensation, and employment litigation. He also manages representation
of businesses and individuals in real estate transactions, organization,
land use, and collection matters, as well as estate settlements.
- Partner, Talarico & McNair, Erie, PA, 1993 – 1996
- Partner, Vendetti, Talarico & McNair, Erie, PA, 1990 – 1993
- Associate, Bifulco, Waidley &Scarpitti, Erie, PA 1987 – 1990
- Associate, Schroeck & Segel, P.C., Erie, PA 1984 – 1987
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable Jess S. Jiuliante, Erie County Court of Common
Pleas. Erie, PA, 1982 – 1984
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1981.
- U. S. District Court, W.D. Pa., 1981.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1985.
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1993.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA, J.D., 1981
- University Scholarship, Owens Fellowship. Trial Moot Court finalist. Phi
- Allegheny College, Meadville, PA, B.A., 1977
- Mercersburg Academy, Mercersburg, PA, Diploma, 1972
Memberships & Appointments
- Pennsylvania (Workers' Compensation and Civil Litigation Sections)
- Erie County (Workers' Compensation Committee, Chair, 2002; Legislative
Affairs Committee, Chair, 2004, Civil Rules Committee) Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (Admiralty, Civil Rights, Employment and
Workplace Injury Sections)
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Governors, 1995
– Present, Workers' Compensation Section, Chair 2003 –
2004, Amicus Curiae Committee, Legislative Affairs Committee, Auto Law Section)
- Parliamentarian, Erie County Democratic Party 2002 – Present, Committeeman,
Millcreek 11th District, 2000 – Present.
- Board Member, President, Community Outreach Group, Inc., 2001 – Present
- Board Member, President, Artists Incorporated, Erie, PA 1989 – 1998
- Men’s Cursillo 161
- "Workers Compensation in Pennsylvania," Erie, Pennsylvania, April
2002, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 2000
- "Vocational Experts in Workers Compensation," Pennsylvania Trial
- “Current Issues in Workers Compensation” (Course Planner) Pennsylvania
Trial Lawyers Association Annual Convention, Hershey, PA, July 2004.
- Perez v. Unemployment Compensation Board of Review, 736 A.2d 737 (Pa. Commonwealth
- EMI Co. v. Workers Compensation Board of Review (Rathman), 738 A.2d 33
(Pa. Commonwealth Court, 1999)
- Loftus v. Lawrence Park Township, 764 F. Supp. 354 (W.D. Pa., 1991)